Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What 6x9's to buy?

riverbound
    Amen, Riverbound.
    I plan on replacing all 6 Xplods with these and adding 1 more pair. 8 Total.
    Then, pull out the Ultimate amp (4-channel) and run 2 Eclipse 5422s for all 8 (trying to keep the heat down).
    Dont run the eclipse amps..... I have the PA series in my boat, and although they are a great sounding amp they do not have the balls to get the volume. Go with something like Rockford amps. You wont be happy with the Eclipse amps.

riverbound
    Oh, and by the way, what's your take on baffles like the XTC foam ones?
    Years ago, I had them on the back of a pair of Pioneer TS-6903s in the all-metal doors of a 1970 pickup. Had a 60 watt Linear to them. They really sounded good. Was thinking of putting them around all of the 6x9s for protection as well as cutting out some of the "free-air".
    I used them once and it didnt seem to make a difference on the boats.

Beer-30
    Thanks! I don't even know you, but I can tell you know what you are talking about and I very much trust your knowledge. Especially because you are familiar with Eclipse stuff.
    Wow. I would have ran the 5422s in a heartbeat. I guess most of the stuff is for "inside" use. Definitely clean, though!
    Even if the baffles don't make a sound diff, I may run them just for protection from stuff floating around under the seats. Thanks again.

riverbound
    Thanks! I don't even know you, but I can tell you know what you are talking about and I very much trust your knowledge. Especially because you are familiar with Eclipse stuff.
    Wow. I would have ran the 5422s in a heartbeat. I guess most of the stuff is for "inside" use. Definitely clean, though!
    Even if the baffles don't make a sound diff, I may run them just for protection from stuff floating around under the seats. Thanks again.
    I have built a boat system or two in my day
    We were Eclipse's first dealer. I have been around there products for almost 10 years now.

Beer-30
    We were Eclipse's first dealer. I have been around there products for almost 10 years now.
    Cool.
    BTW, I was at my Eclipse dealer yesterday and on the wall was this new black Eclipse amp. Didn't see a number on it, but it had front/rear gains, switches, and X-over adjustments on the "face" of the amp, not on the ends?
    Haven't seen any black amps on the website. Didn't ask the guys there, the knowledgeable ones were out to lunch.

MightyMike
    Infinity 6902M or JBL MS920 seem to be good marine speakers, although I've heard you really don't need marine speakers. Both of these 6x9's will handle 100W RMS. I got the Infinity 6902M myself but have not installed yet. Check out Crutchfield.com or CarDomain.com for current prices.
    Infinity 6902M run $159 at cardomain.com
    JBL MS920 run run $99 at Overtons.com

river chaser
    fosgate 6x9 with movable 2 ways
    Put one of the tweeters near the dash, and guarateed they will SCREAM!
    Best $250 ever spent for speakers!
    Buy the warrantee at Best Buy so if you should fry one of the voice coils from excessive sound and excessive heat (havi) you can get a new pair for FREE in the course of 4 years

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12