I am gonna check I might have been mistaken with the 4800 rpm thing. I am gonna run it this memorial and see what happens. Find out what the rpm truly is at. Boat load won't affect RPM correct? If I am at 4800 I will need to go down in prop if I am hitting 5150 then I will need to go to a 24p??
Yeah, a heavy load will knock a little RPM off. Load the boat like you are going to run it, though. Don't cheat by leaving only enough fuel for one run and leaving everyone standing on the dock.
WOT and trim it up until the RPM raises a little. You will feel the boat "air-out" and run a little smoother. Let it settle a few seconds and see what the RPM levels out at.
If you HAVE A 24 NOW, and you are stable at 4800 - you could either have it labbed down to a 23-ish or just go with a stock 22. Although a stock 22 would probably put you into the limiter or right at it.
If you HAVE A 26 NOW, then you would need a labbed 26 down to 25 or so. Or just a stock 24.
I kept my 24 after buying the 22. Gives me an extra prop just in case, and also if I add a few more HP, the 24 would be just right and I could keep my 22 for high altitude or just that nice bottom end punch.