Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 06 ford superduty info

Gilligan
    ]
    i was asking this ? for my brother who was on his way to buy the truck i was working on talking him out of it. as i think 700 for a truck is fricken nuts. and ford out when i was young. and transmission fuel pumps and injection problems seem to be fords way of doing things. when the fuel regulator leaked and cuaght the damn thing on fire i was doing a victory dance as i was now done with ford.
    as far as dodge goes i was a assistant service manager for a dodge dealer. and dodge dont like to pay for shit. i chose to stand up for the customers and had the factory rep pissed i knew it would cost me my job. but didnt care. as dodge just makes a shitty diesel truck with injetor pumps head gaskets, rear axles and electronics. i would say dodge just sucks ass. and the customer support blows to. did you know that cummings can and will refuse your warrenty if the engine fails and you use non oem oil filters (fram)
    was specifically named. they state filter fails. i call bullshit but that is what they said.
    i worked for chevy and heard nothing but good things from my customers. havent heard much bad or any bad on duramax or the allison trans. i am die hard chevy. and this is what i recommend but i have seen electrical problem with chevy trucks wtf. nobody makes a good truck
    Are you some type of Caveman? Learn how to type and spell the English language please.

GOT TINT?
    I have a 2006 Ford diesel 4x4 my commute is 50 miles each way from my house to my shop and then plus the miles i put on it when im doing mobile jobs i have managed to put almost 16k since i bought the truck in febuary. Its and excellent truck and gets great gas mileage, i towed my weekend warrior with all the toys and wieghed it in el centro on my way to the dunes 22,260 pounds and was averaging 13mpg for the trip. I think they all have there perks and i feel better knowing that ford treats the customers on warranty issues better then others. on the 6.0 the have had three years to get the motor right so im glad i didnt by the first year and have to worry about being the ginny pig and take a chance of sitting on the side of the road.

LOWRIVER2
    I have an 04 F250 4X4, 6' Donahoe lift/37" tires/ RBP turbo back exh. 28k on it.
    I took the Banks system off after I saw the heads blow up on a friend's truck at 20k.
    Mine has been in for leaks on four separate occasions/ all covered by warranty but truck was in shop for total of 7 days.
    Bottom line:
    The 6.0's are fine if you leave them stock, they simply can't handle the extra HP of a tuner as the heads have only ten bolts. The Dmax has 15. The new Dmax costs more but if performance is priority, you can't beat them or the Allison. The Ford does have more room and a solid front axle for off road but how many guys still really push their 40K + trucks off road where a solid axle really is needed over the IFS?
    I've never heard of Dodge having decent customer service over the last 20 years in Ca. Those trucks are good but they need to step up on handling repairs.
    Ford diesels are everywhere in construction cause they're the cheapest. In stock form, you'll be okay. Otherwise, I'd recommend the Dmax.
    Also,if you go with the Ford, buy a Mag Hytec trans pan and rear diff. cover, the ford rearends heat up too much and these units really help. I have'nt seen a stock Super Duty Diesel rear end cover yet that was not rusted from the paint peeling off due to heat.

SUPERDUTYRHINO
    04' F250 6.0L, no problems other than the service bulletins. All my friends and family drive diesels, they all have some problems My brothers Cummin's tranny is slippin, my neighbors Duramax had injector problems; he sold it; now his Super Duty has an oil leak. What can you do?

Beer-30
    Enough about the diesels - he asked what kind of GAS mileage, so he is obviously looking at the V-10. :boxed:

canuck1
    Yep...buy the Dmax.....2 front ends, 1 tranfer case, 1 motor, way too many injectors to count......Great truck for an 05 .........I'd hate to see what it would be like if it actually pulled something
    And this is the truck that GM gave me to replace my 04 POS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234