Thread: need help

teamaquaholicks
    i have a 2000 27 advantage. when running her at about 25 to 30mph, she had a serious vibration/whine to her. it felt like it was coming from the middle of the boat, but my gass tank in the middle of the boat. it did it at those speeds trimed up and down. but, once i gave her gas it went away. when i am at speed and then get out of her coming off of plain, she does it as well for just a second.
    thinking something is wrong with the out drive to feel it in the whole boat. any one have any idea what i just tried to explain. i don't want to run her and cause any more damage that i might have already.
    thanks guys,
    chuck

Daytona100
    My guess would be the outdrive or prop. Run it without the prop and see if the vibration goes away. Next drain the outdrive and check for metal. After that pull the outdrive and check the alignment and u-joints. Bound to find something. :cry:

Beer-30
    I told him the same thing in a PM, but didn't think of running w/o the prop. I would really be stumped if he doesn't find metal on the drain plug ( :crossx: )
    Charles, I have the earmuffs to run it (with the hose), if you want to borrow it. Also, I have the B-1 shop manual, which may help. I will look up the trouble shooting for that.

teamaquaholicks
    i told beer30 that i had a screw through the bottom of the boat last summer. found it this summer and cut it off but didn't fill and fiberglass it. the guy at advantage thinks it's this imperfection in the hull that is causing the sound. since the sound feels like it's under the belley fuel tank, it does make since. it goes away when this imperfection is out of the water.
    so i'm taking you advice and going to go thru everything with a fine tooth comb to see if something is wrong. and hopefully i won't find anything and just need to get the screw drilled out and filled and fiberglassed that advantage says they will do for free. get in writing in know.
    thanks again for the help and happy boating
    chuck