Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Red Rocker Schiada update

HM
    She Runs!! We fired her up this weekend on the hose and she sounds good. I am having a little tranny noise-flexplate hitting the motor plate so I may have to do some massaging with a grinder but we are getting closer. The boat is wired and I should be able to hit some local water shortly. I'll try to get some pics up.
    Trav
    Uhmmmmm... ditch the flexplate unless it is bolted up to a welded up torque converter. Then, ditch the flex-plate and torque converter.

She Runs!! We fired her up this weekend on the hose and she sounds good. I am having a little tranny noise-flexplate hitting the motor plate so I may have to do some massaging with a grinder but we are getting closer. The boat is wired and I should be able to hit some local water shortly. I'll try to get some pics up.
    Trav
    Hello Travis dont feel bad if thats all the problems you in encountered thats not to bad. i hope you can make it just pull a all nighter & get er done
    we are counting on you being there i wish i could help you out if i was
    closer i would be there. will see you there Bob.

Schiada Time
    Its a maybe. Boat is at a trailer shop today and probably through the end of the week getting bearings, races, and seals done and a few other things fixed on the trailer. When I get back on Monday from Florida I will pick it up and drop it off at ART Carr's shop on Tuesday for the Trans. to come out and a spline drive and flywheel to be installed and the transmission changed to reverse pattern. Bob should take a few days for that and then I need to service the V-drive, mount my switches in the upholstery for my fuel pumps on/off and depth gauge and the seperate switch plate for my cavitation plates. Other than that i need to lube the stuffing box and do a once over. If I can't get it in water around here before Friday to test sorry guys I am not going to make it. even if the boat does not go I may still drive up and ride in Mom and dad's Schiada. I'm disappointed but she has gotta be right before I venture to the river.
    trav

Your right Travis don't get in a rush you have waited this long there will
    other events. your doing the right thing by taking your time i hope
    you can make it up here.
    we will look forword to seeing you.
    Bob

UncleJoe
    Good call Trav. Sorry to hear about the transmission & flexplate problem. You are doing the right thing. You will be pleased with the reverse pattern in the transmission and the 'Art Carr' spline shaft is to proper way to go. Be sure and have them leave the 'parking' pawl in. This will allow you to lock the prop shaft when you run the motor on the trailer. Saves your strut bearings. Perhaps the grinding noise was a good thing as you will now have a 'proper' Schiada 'V' drive. I have been getting some static about launching the Whaler on the 14th. We may put the 'V' drive in after all. Good luck next week. Call if you need help. See you at the river.
    UncleJoe

Schiada Time
    May still drive up and ride with Mom and Dad. I will feel it all out next week.
    Trav

Schiada Time
    Got the boat back this afternoon from Art Carrs and could not be happier. No more transmission noise and she purrs like a kitten. I need one more weekend to button up some wiring, do some clean-up work and then I can hit Elsinore and test. I will start a new thread under V-drives with photos of her first outing with me behind the wheel. Thanks for all the advice and help throughout the project.
    travis

franky
    What did Art find out? What was making noise?

Schiada Time
    Converter bolts were hitting the motor plate.
    Trav

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567