Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pop Off Or Jet Away

ONAROLL
    "If it is indeed a better popoff then why aren't they still made?"
    It is indeed a very well designed and, functional PopOff ... Its the one we choose to run.
    Very simply put, the reason their no longer made is Dan Nelson (the PopOff's designer, manufacturer & owner of Jett Performance Marine here in Phoenix) decided he didn't want to make and sell them anymore ... His personal choice for his own reasons.
    can you imagine the liability that goes with this little item, it would have to have one hell of a profit margin...........and mine works just as designed also................Vic

LUVNLIFE
    If you can only afford to do one, I say start with the Jet-a-way. Later add the popoff. If you can do both all the better and safer.

Scoobinator
    Pop offs you really need if you go 120mph+ other wise a jetaway will be ideal

sdba069
    Well, if money is a factor, HA, the Jetaway is around $1200 and the Popoff is over $2000. Minimun machine work for the ratchet and a little more complicated process for the popoff plus installation of the controls. Sometimes there is glass work required for the installation of the popoff also. Ratchet requires either moving the motor about 4 1/2" forward or shortening the driveshaft or a combination of both. I run ratchets in all the performance tunnels that we do and even some V hulls, but not a lot of popoffs.

UBFJ #454
    PopOffs were designed & made as Safety Devices to be used on 1/4 Milers running in the Quicker (8 Second & ProMod) Brackets and the Pro Classes. Most are relatively intricate devices which require a high degree of maintaince to keep them in Perfect Working Order at all times and as such do not lend themselves to everyday recreational use.

BLOWN JOB
    so scoobinator your saying if my boat doesnt do 120 its worth less i dont agree at 60 70 or what ever speed it will help i just dont know what one to go with thats why im on here

pattymelt18
    so scoobinator your saying if my boat doesnt do 120 its worth less i dont agree at 60 70 or what ever speed it will help i just dont know what one to go with thats why im on here
    at 60 or 70 you hit a popoff youll probably have somepeople turning there heads you dont popit and then close it then pop it again, its serious sh.t is what these guys are saying.

HBjet
    If your going over 80 mph and that motor locks up and you have a jetaway, you still might be taking a dip. I would get a jetaway because it does help in that situation, and its great for tunning on the trailer, but I would focus on the motor, and make sure it doesn't lock up to begin with.
    HBjet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12