Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any reasons not to go V-drive?

mickeyfinn
    V-drives are very expensive to own. For example:
    You buy a jetboat, it never runs, when it does it isn't fast so you are always at home either working on it to get it running or working on it to make it faster
    V-drives-They don't break (okay, rarely) therefore you are on the lake, river every weekend. Spend all your money on gas babes and beer.
    I guess you are right every drive has its problems. You will probably be better off with a jet.

Phat_Kat
    I never really hear V-drive guys complaining about drive issues. The only thing I hear going wrong is the engine which is gonna happen every once and a while to everyone. My main turn off to a V-drive is that I tend to pull my boat up far on shore and as the water goes down through the day my boat gets beached and I know longer have to worry about it floating away or some damn kids splashing all over it. I normally put foam covers over the prop just to be safe because the sandbard is kinda bumpy and some one could trip and slice their head upen like a razor blade through hot butter. I'm afraid that as the water goes down, if I for get for 15 minutes too long that prop shaft will get snapped from the weight of the boat and I'll be screwed. Perhaps V-drives aren't for me but I haven't made any final decisions yet and I still have all winter to make my choice. Thanks for all your useful info guys!

1980SANGERV-DRIVE
    I have both a jet and av-drive. The choice you make is what your priorities are. Speed or comfort, my jet is a family boat, the v-drive is for me and the lust to go faster than the jet boat. my jet does 80+, the v-drive I bought is supposta be 100+, but I have been in v-drives and to me there is no better rush than the instant speed they give ya. Just my 2 cents worth. jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop

Unchained
    mickeyfinn
    You buy a jetboat, it never runs, ]Hmm, Wouldn't that be a function of the engine rather than the drive it's hooked to ?

burbanite
    You're wasting your breath... sleeping sleeping sleeping

Cole Sanger
    Thanks for posting that burbanite. I was looking for that thread. I remember the name also.

burbanite
    This is good.
    We also have
    this and this
    from someone who does this "currently I just do general tech setups for small businesses. Build computers for people, a little graphics design here and there." for a living.
    I like this one too.
    And on and on and then came this followed by many so others that I couldn't possibly keep up.
    I have no problem with questions but time after time I've seen people replying to this guy with genuine answers when they are really just having their time wasted.
    Phat_Kat,
    once again, don't try to be something you aren't. You would get some respect if you told the truth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12