Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 07 Jeep what size tires?

TexasChopper
    If you are not off roading why in the hell would you want anything more than 33's Even with 33's you should re-gear. You will have a pig of a jeep even with the 33's, and towing a few dirt bikes? Good luck and don’t go out in a head wind.
    I have had 4 CJ's and 3 TJ's and been through it all. I found running a 3.5" teraflex lift and 32's with 410 to be the best hands down.
    BTW: Don't expect much if anything from your exhaust and intake upgrade. It will sound a little different but you end up doing more convincing yourself it did something vs noticing any real difference.
    I want to go 35's for looks only. I figure the 35's will fill the wheel well very well and it should look sharp....also I have always wanted a big wrangler... However anyone think I could get 33's w/o a lift? that could look good as well
    so I take it you have done the performance upgrades and nothing, thank you for passing that on....
    here is a pic of my 2000 Sahara with 32/11.50's with no lift. everyone said this can't be done and 31/10.50's were as large as I could go, but not correct. The front tire would rub against the spring if I turned the wheel as far as it would go, but it was never a problem at all. see how well the wheel wells are filled, I think that looks really nice.
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...pper/HFDGH.jpg

phebus
    I would not go with anything but Rubicon Express or Full Traction for Jeep lifts.
    I just went with a Rubicon Express Super Flex lift on my Jeeep, and so far really like it. Well made kit, and I like the Super Flex Joints, vs. the bushings of other lift kits.

2Driver
    I think it looks nice like you have it, but that's my opinion.
    I get most my guidance from the chief design engineer at Jeep. He is a friend and so happened he bought one of my old CJ's. It's been in a few Mags.
    Anyway he was the brain child for the Rubicon and pushed it through the finance guys at Chrysler. So I get some info from "doing" and from the source.

phebus
    Kilr, when you are ready to have your work done, talk to Chuck, the owner of Accurate Auto Care here in Havasu. They specialize in Jeeps, can get anything and everything, and have great pricing. Great guy, and a real straight shooter. Let me know if you want the contact info.

TexasChopper
    are some of you guys talking about 06 and older wranglers? I am talking about the new body 07... that is what I now have.... or will have on Saturday afternoon

mbrown2
    I am planning on doing the 34"x17 Goodyear MTR's on a 4 Door Rubi with 4inch lift once RE releases their lift. The 4.10 gearing will go down to about 3.89 with that combo, but should be ok with for both highway and offroad with 4 to 1 low in the Rubi.
    In a year or so I swap both axles out for Dyna's or Currie's, but until then the 34 and 4.10's will work....and if they last great..but I know definitely know anytime over 33 the risk increases...34 is a good compromise from 35's.

Kilrtoy
    are some of you guys talking about 06 and older wranglers? I am talking about the new body 07... that is what I now have.... or will have on Saturday afternoon
    refer to post 5 on page 1

phebus
    see how well the wheel wells are filled, I think that looks really nice.
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...pper/HFDGH.jpg
    The last thing you want to do, is fill the wheel wells on an off road vehicle when it is in a static position.
    What room do you have for travel?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234