Thread: Need To Repace Driveline,mines Obsolete

konarider
    I have a '77 Kona w/ 460 Ford, just purchased last year. Turns out a c-clip came out of the front u-joint and let the bearing cap work it's way out and beat up the housing a bit. Looks like theres been some damaged here before I got ahold of it. From what I'm told it's obsolete being it's the old Rockwell type that bolts directly to the crankshaft. I already put new joints in mine, took a little finessing, new joints all worked smoothly, but has a strong vibration. I'm looking for a good used one that can be freshened up. Mine 6 3/4 in. long, 2 u-joints bolts to Ford460 to Berk. 12je

lilrick
    Rex marine has a good deal on um'.

victorfb
    rick is right. get a new one.

1968Droptop
    Unfortunately your not going to have any luck finding one. I spent 4 weeks calling across the country looking for that style with no luck . You basically have two options, buy a new style and move the engine forward a couple inches, or have someone make a new one from scratch.

konarider
    Unfortunately your not going to have any luck finding one. I spent 4 weeks calling across the country looking for that style with no luck . You basically have two options, buy a new style and move the engine forward a couple inches, or have someone make a new one from scratch.
    By adding new 1310 driveline/pto coupler, and moving the motor ahead will this change balance or ride of boat much? sounds like you've been there were any other issues or would it be like the difference between having a full tank of gas and almost empty(my tank is in the nose)?

1968Droptop
    By adding new 1310 driveline/pto coupler, and moving the motor ahead will this change balance or ride of boat much? sounds like you've been there were any other issues or would it be like the difference between having a full tank of gas and almost empty(my tank is in the nose)?
    A couple of inches may make a small difference. Not really sure, too many other things can affect it (how much fuel is in the tank, how many peeps in the boat, how long/well you know your boat). I'm just saying your not going to have any choice, save for having the one you currently have replicated by someone. This is something I'm figuring for the future. I plan on having my engineer buddy take all the measurements of my existing one, in case I have to have one made.