Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lower unit compatability question

Tom Brown
    I think stoker2001 is in SoCal. Maybe he'll do it for you.

stoker2001
    \So,how does Titus,Hydromotive and custom Marine compare to Bobs in Price Parts and labor?I know Titus does very good quality,but a little overpriced IMO.I just found a tiny crack in my skeg after putting this blown hemi hydro on the trailer in the final round of the IHBA Supernationals last weekend.Nice $1500.00 in prize money and contingencies.I can afford to cone another XR6 case now.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../Sun5_0044.jpg

Tom Brown
    This ain't a scene. It's a God damn arms race.

Forkin' Crazy
    \So,how does Titus,Hydromotive and custom Marine compare to Bobs in Price Parts and labor?I know Titus does very good quality,but a little overpriced IMO.I just found a tiny crack in my skeg after putting this blown hemi hydro on the trailer in the final round of the IHBA Supernationals last weekend.Nice $1500.00 in prize money and contingencies.I can afford to cone another XR6 case now.
    That is very cool. Congratulations!!! You know, I was going to say something about the welded on torque tab on a Merc. They are apt to crack and break the skeg. Something about the alloy they were/are? using. It was explained to me as a when thing, not an if thing. Too bad that money is going to Mr. Merc and not in your pocket. :idea:
    Wouldn't a Titus gearcase be worth the extra duckies? You may have been a few extra $$$ ahead if you did. :idea:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234