Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: OK, so I did my annual " toe someone back to the launch ramp" deed

lewiville
    Oh common...isn't anyone going to comment on the "toe" spelling!!!
    I'm free from spelling errors. I have a disclaimer in my avatar. nananana
    I also got a back up source. "spell check"

Ziggy
    Expecting something other than a thanks shouldn't be.
    I've towed(or is that toed?) multiple folks back to somewhere. most offered something but never really accepted it...One guy threw money in my boat as we pulled away...LOL
    Technically, if there are people in the towed boat they are supposed to be wearing PFD's.....no different than someone in a tube or other towable.

Chase
    Number one rule of towing....expect you will be towed soon as well.
    Number two rule of towing....don't expect anything in return, it's a good deed - that's it.
    Number three rule of towing....offer thanks, money, and beer. If you don't have two of these three, that's ok, see rule #2
    I so agree!!

socalmoney
    On the bright side one of them was wearing snow skiing bibs, an under armor long sleave shirt with snow goggles on. Entertaining to say the least.
    WTF, where are the pictures of this. Too funny.

Xlration Marine
    I was towed in last year. They tossed me my rope and went on there way. The next time out I help a group of people, not even a thanks. But I expected nothing and that's what I got. Well they did get a nice big fine for having to many people on a rental house boat. 25 max with 51 on board. I would help again and not ask for or expect any thing. Your expectation meter is set to high, put it to zero.

Cigalert
    WTF, where are the pictures of this. Too funny.
    I actually had the camera on the boat and was trying to get my buddy to snap a few shots just for entertainment value. He tapped me and said "Check the uni of co-pilot". I pissed just hearing that and rolled even harder when I saw skippy.
    I don't expect anything from anyone ever. Especially on the water. I've always turned down the dangling $20 bill or beer. I don't need those things. I help because I don't want to get left out on the water. But my gut feeling was, these guys headed out expecting someone to do the dirty work when they broke their chit. It's the lack of courtesy from the latest style of boaters. The idiot that will cut you off and then expect you to help them because they're flappin theirs arms around.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    That sucks! Just an offer makes people feel good about helping. I have been offered money for towing peeps and never accepted it.Hell I have even threw a few beers to peeps that I have towed in. Its always about helping out others. I cant stand people that dont appreciate help. Thats just plain rude!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234