Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pond Pics ?

Her454
    This is Norcal.. the inmates run the asylum......
    if the overgrown tree is dangerous you can't cut it down or u could get sued. But if it falls down and breaks something that is ur fault, and u could get sued......
    damned if you do, damned if u don't..... its a crazy crazy world...
    Exactly. AND, not sure if this is true but I was told that if a PG&E crew (or anyone) gets hurt trimming a tree that belongs to you because it interupts power lines, they can legally sue YOU in a private claim. Anyone know if thats true or not?

fatboy95
    Don't be so sure....private land or not - I have 5 acres and a very LARGE old oak tree in the back of it. Its leaning over into my neighbors acreage and I was afraid it might take the fencing out in a big storm so I wanted to cut it down. Mentioned it to the same neighbor and he called the county on me. Apparently in our county you have to get PERMISSION TO CUT the larger Oaks EVEN ON YOUR OWN property! I couldn't believe it!
    Be careful with trees on property lines. Notify your insurance agent and send a certified letter to your neighbor that you feel an overhanging tree could cause some damage in the event of a natural disaster. If the neighbor objects to your removing it then he assumes any responsibility for damage to his property. Same thing with root systems. In Eureka the redwood roots from a adjoining property crept under the foundation of a neighbors house and lifted the foundation over a period of 10 years. Caused $100,000 in damage. If you cut the roots and the tree falls onto an adjoining property you are at fault unless you received permission from the trees owner to sever the root system..

fatboy95
    Exactly. AND, not sure if this is true but I was told that if a PG&E crew (or anyone) gets hurt trimming a tree that belongs to you because it interupts power lines, they can legally sue YOU in a private claim. Anyone know if thats true or not?
    PG& E contracts with trimmers. If you call and tell them of a potential problem they will send a surveyor to check it out. Then it is the utilities responsibility to trim the problem. Trimmers carry insurance so you are not at risk. It is best to be pro active with trees around power lines, gas lines, water lines etc.

Her454
    Be careful with trees on property lines. Notify your insurance agent and send a certified letter to your neighbor that you feel an overhanging tree could cause some damage in the event of a natural disaster. If the neighbor objects to your removing it then he assumes any responsibility for damage to his property. Same thing with root systems. In Eureka the redwood roots from a adjoining property crept under the foundation of a neighbors house and lifted the foundation over a period of 10 years. Caused $100,000 in damage. If you cut the roots and the tree falls onto an adjoining property you are at fault unless you received permission from the trees owner to sever the root system..
    PG& E contracts with trimmers. If you call and tell them of a potential problem they will send a surveyor to check it out. Then it is the utilities responsibility to trim the problem. Trimmers carry insurance so you are not at risk. It is best to be pro active with trees around power lines, gas lines, water lines etc.
    Thanks for the good info FB, I appreciate it.

pixilatedpussy

Mrs.Moose on the loose
    I want to see pics of the rocks we found. lol

Her454
    Sorry Kara, its been too damn hot out to work on it and I've been a little under the weather.

jdogginla
    My pond is finished tomorrow!!!! I'll take pics and post on wed

Mrs.Moose on the loose
    Sorry Kara, its been too damn hot out to work on it and I've been a little under the weather.
    I'm sorry, if there is anything we can do, let me know.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456