Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ***boat for cancer

sorry dog
    At home my machine is running a Intel Quad core extreme.
    2.66GHz
    1066MHz front side bus
    8MB L2 Cache
    Motherboard is a Nforce 680i SLI DDR2 800MHz
    We are hook to a direct fiber optics line at over 100MBps.
    Seems to me I should be folding faster than a Chinese laundryman. Is there something I am missing here?
    don't be dissapointed... sounds like a kick'n system.
    if you want to fold more, you could try the SMP version to use more of your cores. Also, a C2QE should be able to run quite a for few more Mhz without having to up voltage and keeping stability.
    My points are from 3 formerly good systems that are now outdated...hopefully this will be remedied soon and DFI will finally give me my RMA after 6 months.

Tom Brown
    ... a C2QE should be able to run quite a for few more Mhz without having to up voltage and keeping stability.
    Dog, I'm no sociologist but I suspect OGShocker isn't really a bios tweaking, megahertz adjusting, front side bus divider setting, styrofoam motherboard mounting kind of guy.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that he's never had a dog chew it's way out of his house, either.

sorry dog
    Dog, I'm no sociologist but I suspect OGShocker isn't really a bios tweaking, megahertz adjusting, front side bus divider setting, styrofoam motherboard mounting kind of guy.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that he's never had a dog chew it's way out of his house, either.
    I do kinda miss the old days of setting twenty jumpers and connecting processor bridges with a conductive pen (and I actually made a few bucks building systems back then) but these days I think you don't even have to reboot anymore to overclock...just fire up the motherboard utility and slide the slider over a few notches.
    ...as for the dog...he's now 15 and lives at doggie retirement home with the inlaws...but they do have steel doors now.
    BTW ... you got a Barton core I could buy off of you? Still got a Socket A system that's actually pretty good...but the best processor I got is a Tbird 2Ghz.

OGShocker
    House chewing dog? Yes. The only "tweeking" I do is after I cook up a fresh batch.. One outta two ain't bad Tom.

Anyone using Vista with the smp client?
    For some reason I really want a new quad core machine (or two)

572Daytona
    I'm running Vista with the SMP client, you have to install it as admin and if you run it as a service you also have to go into your services panel and change the service so it runs under the admin ID or another ID with admin access. I also notice that after I reboot I usually have to restart the service to get it to start processing correctly, but once it's up and running it works fine.
    SD, funny you should mention the conductive pen. I just picked one up yesterday from Radio Shack so I can hardwire my E4500 to a 1033FSB since the mobo I have for it doesn't support overclocking, but will work if I bsel mod the CPU itself.
    OG, that Quad core should be able to turn some great results but if you are just running the GUI client you will only be utilizing one of the cores. You either need to run the SMP client or run 3 more copies of the console client. The SMP client would be the best but it's still in beta and one annoying thing about it is that it doesn't checkpoint. So if you reboot or shutdown your computer frequently you will end up losing a lot of work units.

Jbb
    I'm running Vista with the SMP client, you have to install it as admin and if you run it as a service you also have to go into your services panel and change the service so it runs under the admin ID or another ID with admin access. I also notice that after I reboot I usually have to restart the service to get it to start processing correctly, but once it's up and running it works fine.
    SD, funny you should mention the conductive pen. I just picked one up yesterday from Radio Shack so I can hardwire my E4500 to a 1033FSB since the mobo I have for it doesn't support overclocking, but will work if I bsel mod the CPU itself.
    OG, that Quad core should be able to turn some great results but if you are just running the GUI client you will only be utilizing one of the cores. You either need to run the SMP client or run 3 more copies of the console client. The SMP client would be the best but it's still in beta and one annoying thing about it is that it doesn't checkpoint. So if you reboot or shutdown your computer frequently you will end up losing a lot of work units.
    wtf......

Jordy
    wtf......
    No kidding. This thread went all kinds of supergeek... :notam:
    All I know is my flux-capacitor is fluxin' and we're kicking out some results, no thanks to Hanson.

sorry dog
    No kidding. This thread went all kinds of supergeek... :notam:
    ...this coming from Mr. Barking HTML Tags.
    But I really think that JBB needs a quad core for all those viruses and spyware he harbors on his computer. That way he be more productive on his RD Sux campaign.

Jbb
    ...this coming from Mr. Barking HTML Tags.
    But I really think that JBB needs a quad core for all those viruses and spyware he harbors on his computer. That way he be more productive on his RD Sux campaign.
    Dog.....I have a message from the family.....
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1189648856

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast