Originally Posted by Squirtcha?
This might've been covered but I'll toss it up anyway. The FC thing has been dumped since Roostwear stopped doing his thing. Last October they did the deal with all the usual suspects, but called it MC1 (Mentally Challenged).
Can't remember now who coined the term Mentally Challenged, but there ya go. Like the others have said, late April was when the original FC thing was happening. I'd imagine everyone will be ready for another one about that same time.
I know I will
OK, NOW let's get a couple things ironed out. FC was NOT dumped. I had an invitation only FC4 in October and had a ball. FC3 was in May, and after seeing what it turned into, I had to make a change. I have trimmed down Roostwear considerably... namely dropping the shirt line, but it is not dead, just changing. The "Mentally Challenged" thing came up when someone wanted to use the FC name and I said no. There will be more FCs (twice a year as before), but they are NOT races, they will NOT be in Big River again, and they will be invitation only. They are for boaters, not wannabe racers. It doesn't matter if 50 or 250 show up, it has to be people that are enjoyable to hang with.
If anyone is interested, go to the FC board and post, or PM me.
Done
Dang.................a little testy?
Perhaps a poor choice of words on my part. Certainly no offense was intended. I didn't mean that FC was dumped, but rather a new name had been adopted by those that wanted to continue meeting at, and having fun on the river.
Obviously I've struck a chord Mike. My apologies.
Guess that means my invitation will be lost in the mail as did my special invite for FC4?
Personally, I never cared who put the thing on, or what they wanted to call it. I just wanted to meet some other folks at the river and run my boat. I'm pretty simple that way.
Dan