Today I had a visit from a MAJOR customer of ours. I have know this guy for 10 or so years. I took him into our shipping department to show off our latest products. We get to the bench where my S&R clerk had set up the demo units and the radio is on and a commercial was playing. Then some HipHop "beat the biatch" type song comes on and my customer gets that "NICE SONG" look in his eye and pushes to end our meeting sooner than we had planned. I am sure I have told S&R guy to make sure that his radio is to be tuned to a non-offending station, 10 times, since we have walk-ins all the time. My customer leaves a little while later and I go off on my little tantrum.
I walked out to my metal rack and found a piece of 1.5" aluminum bar stock four foot long. I grab my production manager and the S&R guy and go to the offending radio. I pulled the radio from its place and SMASHED the living sh*t out of it. I hit it so hard my hands were buzzing from the blow 20 minutes later. I am not sure, but I think I made a lasting impression. I am just not sure what that immpression is.